Re: st: RE: Conserving variables and value labels while reshaping wide to long

From   natalia malancu <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Conserving variables and value labels while reshaping wide to long
Date   Thu, 23 May 2013 13:22:30 +0200

Hi David,

thank you for the suggestion. I was already aware of it, however it is
only relevant for stata 11 users (I'm using 12). Moreover, I'm not
sure how to go around things given the string component in my case. I
would prefer not having to generate a new variable via substr()

Natalia