Re: st: Observations that keep a feature in the whole sample period

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Observations that keep a feature in the whole sample period
Date   Wed, 22 May 2013 15:20:40 +0100

Assuming variable names

agent  period  score

it seems that you want something like

bysort agent (period) : gen first3 = _n < 4

egen max_first3 = max(score / first3), by(agent)

egen min_rest = min(score / !first3), by(agent)

keep if max_first3 > 0.9 & min_rest > 0.9

For the division trick in the -egen- call see e.g.

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2013-03/msg00917.html

(reference included therein).