Re: st: multiple regression with dummy variables

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: multiple regression with dummy variables
Date   Wed, 15 May 2013 15:11:48 -0400

Alex,

If you take advantage of Richard's suggestion, the resulting
coefficients will give you an indication of whether the effects of the
two sets of categories are additive.  In that connection, you can also
test whether the interaction effects as a group (4 degrees of freedom)
make a significant contribution.

Even if you do not need the interaction effects, you should interpret
the coefficients for each of those sets of three variables as the
effect of being in the particular category, adjusting for the
contribution of the other set of three variables.

David Hoaglin