Re: st: DO editor crash - linux

From   "Christopher O'Keefe" <[email protected]>
To   Stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: DO editor crash - linux
Date   Wed, 15 May 2013 10:53:25 -0700

Hi all-
I just installed Stata 11 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and I'm having the same
do-editor crashing that was reported here. Was there a fix for the
earlier problem?

Thanks!
Chris O'Keefe

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Christopher O'Keefe
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all-
> I just installed Stata 11 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and I'm having the same
> do-editor crashing that was reported here. Was there a fix for the earlier
> problem?
>
> Thanks!
> Chris O'Keefe
>

> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:03 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> Andrew Dyck <[email protected]> wrote :
>>
>> >I'm on the most recent version of Ubuntu and until I upgraded everything
>> > worked
>> >fine. Such is life with linux that the *upgrade* seems to have broken
>> > Stata on
>> >Ubuntu. There is a fix to link the appropriate libraries and get
>> > dynamically
>> >linked Stata running here:

>> ity-launcher/
>> >
>> >I still haven't been able to get the do-file editor to work, but I got so
>> > used
>> >to using external text editors from the time when Stata's version wasn't
>> > nearly
>> >as mature that I don't really miss it. Still frustrating that I can't get
>> > it to
>> >work. Please update us if you get it to work.
>> >
>> >Andrew
>>
>> We're contacting Andrew and will take this discussion off Statalist.  Once
>> the
>> issue has been resolved, we'll post a followup to Statalist.
>>

>> -Kevin Crow
>>  [email protected]
>>
>> *
>> *   For searches and help try: