st: Adding a time-invariant covariate in SEM builder

From   W Robert Long <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Adding a time-invariant covariate in SEM builder
Date   Mon, 29 Apr 2013 10:15:09 +0100

Hi all

I am working with a latent growth curve model.

After fitting the growth model (that is, the model with just the latent growth factors and the measured variables), I add a time-invariant (in this case "male") covariate in the do file like this:

1. add the path: (Intercept Slope <- male _cons)
2. remove the means() option
3. and add e. to the factor covariances (if any)

No problem with that.

My question is how to achieve the the same thing with SEM builder ? Specifically, how do I get _cons into the paths from the time-invariant covariate to the latent growth factors ?

Thanks
Robert Long