Re: st: Rolling regression based on trading days

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Rolling regression based on trading days
Date   Mon, 29 Apr 2013 09:16:26 +0100

It seems that you have daily data. So why does -xtset- report milliseconds?

Show us the results of say

. describe date
. su date
. list date in 1/5

I don't know offhand whether -rolling- is smart about business
calendars. Introducing business calendars is an on-going project for
StataCorp and I don't have access to Stata 12 right now.

But if Stata thinks your time variable is clock time in ms, it won't
be paying much attention to business calendars. As far as it is
concerned you have in total about 1 second's worth of data.