st: Table with summary statistics and test coefficients

From   Chris <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Table with summary statistics and test coefficients
Date   Sun, 28 Apr 2013 03:16:33 +0200

Dear statalist,

I am trying to create a table which displays means and SDs of
variables for 2 groups, and a column with statistics of a difference
between those means. With esttab I am unable to get a table that
displays both means and test statistics.

When I specify "main(mean) aux(sd)", only the summary statistics are
displayed. When I use "cells(b se)" instead, only the column with test
statistics is displayed. Which option in esttab do I need to use so
that it displays both means and betas? Is it somehow possible to
define "cells" separately for different columns/models?

Here is what I do:
-----------------
*this adds 3 columns: means group 1, means group 2, and means total
eststo: estpost tabstat varA varB varC, statistics(mean sd)
columns(statistics) by(group)

*this is supposed to add another column with test statistics on the difference
eststo: estpost ttest varA varB varC, by(group)

esttab, noobs nonote main(mean) aux(sd) nogaps ///
nonumber unstack replace
This way, the 4th column with test statistics is completely missing.
What can I do?

Any help is very much appreciated!