RE: st: xtoverid error for "operator not allowed"

Subject   RE: st: xtoverid error for "operator not allowed"
Date   Thu, 18 Apr 2013 12:04:38 +0000

Qian,

John's on the right track, I think.  xtiverid is a bit old and doesn't  understand the variable prefixes used in more recent versions of Stata.

The "o." prefix is used by Stata for a variable that's been omitted because of collinearity or whatever.  If you reestimate but omit the dropped variable by hand, xtoverid should then work.

HTH,
Mark

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.