st: Combining and repeating value from another dataset

From   Rahber Thariani <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Combining and repeating value from another dataset
Date   Sat, 13 Apr 2013 22:19:55 -0700

Hi All,

A question to which I am sure there is a simple answer, but as a novice in Stata, one I am having a hard time finding.

I have a dataset with variables a, b, c and d (stored in X.dta). There are about 5000 observations.

In another dataset I have only variable e(stored in Y.dta). There is only one observation.

I want to create a composite dataset with variables a, b, c, d and e. I wish to repeat the same value of e 5,000 times in my new dataset for each of the existing 5,000 observations of a, b, c, and d.

What do you suggest to create this structure?

Thanks,