Re: st: SVY medians and Elixhauser

From   Richard Goldstein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: SVY medians and Elixhauser
Date   Sat, 13 Apr 2013 08:37:21 -0400

Mike,

I have found and downloaded this

it appears, correctly in my view, to form the various indicator (dummy)
variables; it also forms a variable that is the total number of
elixhauser comorbidities (correctly ignores the original second
comorbidity as per the changes Anne Elixhauser has made over time since
the original publication (Elixhauser A, Steiner C, Harris DR, Coffey RM.
Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data. Med Care
1998;36:8-27.); you can find the newer updates by her at the AHRQ
website where she is employed

I believe that her article and the information at the web site that you
cite below support the use of 29 indicator variables but not the sum
(though I could be wrong about that)

so, what did you use and how and what is your question?

Rich