RE: st: Graphing multiple series groups

From   Arya Eskamani <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Graphing multiple series groups
Date   Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:25:54 +0000

Oh sweet! This is an excellent resource, it's going to make my life a lot easier moving forward.  Thank you very much.

Arya Eskamani, M.S.
Project Manager
4700 Millenia Blvd | Ste 500 | Orlando, FL 32839
407.367.2880 Phone | 877.313.4412 eFax
www.assist-rx.com | [email protected]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David Radwin
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:03 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: Graphing multiple series groups

5000 seems like a lot of lines for one graph, but you could write:

forvalues i = 1/5000 {
	local graphs `graphs' (line yvar xvar if group == `i')
	}
graph twoway `graphs'

A nice introduction to foreach and forvalues loops is Kit Baum's "A little bit of Stata programming goes a long way..." at http://fmwww.bc.edu/ec-p/wp612.pdf . His introductory Stata programming book is also an excellent way to learn such things.

David
--
David Radwin
Senior Research Associate