Re: st: Making a bar graph from the row of a matrix

From   Mauricio Esteban Cuak <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Making a bar graph from the row of a matrix
Date   Mon, 8 Apr 2013 10:49:38 -0500

Hi Nick, thanks for the answer.
The following code plots the graph I wanted and may be useful for other people.
It doesn't look very nice however.
As suggested by Nick, I moved the names into a variable (slightly
tricky) and the values into another.

/* Begin CODE */

clear all

sysuse auto.dta

qui reg price mpg trunk weight

matrix test = e(V)

matrix rowtest = test["weight", 1...]

/* rowtest is the row I want to graph     */

local names : colnames rowtest

local n_names : word count `names'

gen var_colnames = ""

forval i=1/`n_names' {

local this_name = "`:word `i' of `names''"

replace var_colnames = "`this_name'" if _n == `i'

}

matrix trans_rowtest = rowtest'

svmat trans_rowtest

graph bar trans_rowtest1, over(var_colnames)