st: How to apply sktest to panel data?

From   LI Mengjia <[email protected]>
Subject   st: How to apply sktest to panel data?
Date   Mon, 8 Apr 2013 22:06:19 +0800

Dear statalist,

I want to run skewness and kurtosis normality test on my panel data in the following way:

(1)For each Fund, and for each Year, use the Return from Week1 to Week26 to run the sktest and also get the value of skewness and kurtosis.

(2)For each Fund, use all its Return to run the sktest and also get the value of skewness and kurtosis.

The 1st column is Fund, in which each cell is the code of one fund. The 2nd column is Year, from 2005-2010. The 3rd column is Week, from Week1-Week26. The last column is Return.

I tried "if" to restrain the sktest to each fund code but it didn't work. And I have 299 funds that I wish to finish the tests in one go instead of running each fund for 299 times.

Looking forward to your reply and thank you.

Best regards,
Amy
        Disclaimer:

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and notify the sender and the University immediately. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

The University specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through University E-mail Facilities. Any views and opinions expressed are only those of the author(s) and do not necessarily represent those of the University and the University accepts no liability whatsoever for any losses or damages incurred or caused to any party as a result of the use of such information.