Re: st: proportion meta-analysis

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: proportion meta-analysis
Date   Mon, 1 Apr 2013 08:50:50 -0400

Mohammed,

In data involving rare events, several papers have reported that
replacing 0 by 0.5 does not give satisfactory results.  You may want
to look at the paper by Cai et al. (2010), though I do not know that
their approach has been implemented for Stata.  Another place to look
is the book by Kulinskaya et al. (2008).

David Hoaglin

Cai T, Parast L, Ryan L. Meta-analysis for rare events. Statistics in
Medicine 2010; 29:2078-2089.

Kulinskaya E, Morgenthaler S, Staudte RG. Meta analysis.  John Wiley &
Sons, Ltd., 2008.