Re: st: Modelling Relative Risks with -fracpoly-

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Modelling Relative Risks with -fracpoly-
Date   Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:03:48 +0000

What is the origin here?

Normally something we should all have been able to answer at age 13 or
so, but please bear with me.

If logRR = 0 then RR = 1.

If RR = 0 then logRR is indeterminate.

Do you want either limiting behaviour?

If so, why? If not, what else?

Either way, you could try choosing a set of powers that had the
behaviour you want, but that might get in the way of -fracpoly-'s
scope for adjusting to the data.

Nick