Re: st: drop range of variables meeting condition in another variable

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: drop range of variables meeting condition in another variable
Date   Tue, 19 Mar 2013 12:27:23 +0000

Thanks to Rebecca, who is entirely correct, for fielding this.

The help file does give various examples in which

`r(varlist)'

is exactly what you use after -findname- (SJ). Tamer might also like
to consult the original paper for more discussion.

SJ-10-2 dm0048  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Speaking Stata: Finding variables
        (help findname if installed)  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q2/10   SJ 10(2):281--296
        produces a list of variable names showing which variables
        have specific properties, such as being of string type, or
        having value labels attached, or having a date format

Nick