Re: st: Reshape issue

Subject   Re: st: Reshape issue
Date   Wed, 27 Feb 2013 04:37:19 -0500

So, if I understand you correctly, with each additional year of data
you added both another record for each firm and another variable
(instead of just doing one or the other)? If so, how about something
like (I am using pseudo code here)

If not missing sales1990 then
   Year = 1990
    Sales = sales1990

Repeat for each year in your data. You will then have a data set that
has firm, year and sales (along with a lot of old variables you no
longer want) and you will just need to xtset it.

Sent from my iPad