Re: st: estabb and rtfutil combination.

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: estabb and rtfutil combination.
Date   Wed, 13 Feb 2013 12:54:01 +0000

In reply to Amadou's first query, I do not know how to merge (or concatenate) 2 .rtf files. The problem there is that the 2 .rtf files may have different character set declarations, default font declarations, font tables, color tables, stylesheets, info groups, preliminary formatting commands, headers and/or footers, and any proposed concatenation algorithm would have to combine them sensibly. However, I am working on the -rtfappend- module for -rtfutil- as I speak, and this should make life easier, especially for users who want to use both -rtfutil- and -estout-.

In reply to Amadou's second query, I have not produced any tutorials on -listtab- and -rtfutil-. However, -listtab- and -rtfutil- (and -sdecode-) are discussed at length in Newson (2012). If Amadou wants to alternate between landscape and portrait orientation in a single .rtf document, then the -rtfsect- module of -rtfutil- allows the user to do this by inserting section breaks.

In reply to Amadou's third query, I still haven't found out how to override the default resizing of linked graphs in a .rtf document. (I don't know if anybody else has.)

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger