Re: st: nl command - error#130 expression too long

From   William Buchanan <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: nl command - error#130 expression too long
Date   Tue, 5 Feb 2013 07:14:48 -0800

Hi Carlotta (or Miguel),

The Statalist FAQ, which you are required to read prior to submitting queries, is explicit about providing your exact commands and Stata's exact output; without this information the question you ask is like attempting to solve 10000 = x + z.  With 177 local macros there are at least 177 places where you might have a macro that is too long or with some other yet to be identified issue.  I'm not sure what exactly you mean by function evaluator (e.g., are you using function in the sense of computer programming lingo - in which case it would be a program in the context of Stata - or do you mean a likelihood evaluator function - in which case you've not told us anything about said evaluator function).  I highly recommend reading the entire FAQ in detail.  There is a lot of extremely helpful information there regarding how to create a question that will likely yield a response and information about using your full real name in your post (it is a bit confusing when your name and th!
 e name in the email address are very different).

HTH,
Billy

Sent from my iPhone