Re: st: Missing Values in Multiple Imputation Data Sets

To   [email protected], statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Missing Values in Multiple Imputation Data Sets
Date   Tue, 05 Feb 2013 10:09:06 -0500

One easy thing to check: Stata has both hard and soft missings. Soft missings (coded .) can be imputed, hard missings (coded .a through .z) cannot. So check to see if you are using hard missings, and if so determine whether it is reasonable to recode them as soft missings. You may not want to recode if the hard missings reflect things like Not Applicable responses.

Beyond that the messages are pretty clear. You can increase the matsize, make sure you aren't treating a continuous variable as categorical, etc.

Especially if you have only been using Stata for 3 weeks, I would recommend starting simple and building up. This looks like a pretty complicated model. Start with fewer variables and build up. It may be easier to identify which variables are causing you grief.