Re: st: Metareg syntax error for wsse option

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Metareg syntax error for wsse option
Date   Wed, 21 Nov 2012 00:04:51 +0000

I said earlier

"There is a typo in both help files in that -wsse()- is listed in the
syntax diagram as something that should be typed before the comma.
This is not biting Jon as he  appears to be using the option
correctly."

and this is the typo referred to.

Sorry, but I don't understand your latest post. If you installed
-metareg- correctly then installing or re-installing Stata should make
no difference to -metareg- as Stata's installation will never
overwrite -metareg-'s files. If you type -sysdir- then -metareg-
should be installed under PLUS, which (for example) is often
c:\ado\plus on a Windows computer. Also, differences within updates of
Stata 11 should not affect the operation of -metareg-.

The hypothesis that you are working (at least some of the time) with
an old -metareg- from 1998 is still unrefuted.

Nick