Re: st: Metareg syntax error for wsse option

From   "Jon Nelson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Metareg syntax error for wsse option
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2012 18:38:56 -0500

Sorry, it is not a typo on my part if that what's you are implying. But i think
something in the original metareg command got corrupted by changes in Stata. I
got out my original disk to Stata 11, and tried to use it to "repair" the
program files. Somehow --don't ask me how -- i ended up with two versions of
Stata 11 -- one labeled Stata-64_old (dated 09/01/11) and a second labeled
Stata-64 (dated 02/16/12). The old Stata works with metareg and the new Stata
does not.

Signing off,
Jon

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 03:13 PM Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:

>That is what the syntax diagram says, but the code and examples contradict it.
>
>Hence my assertion that it's a typo.
>
>Nick
>
>On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Rebecca Pope <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I think your command should be: metareg vsl09 loginc09 wsse(sd09), mm.
>> Note, wsse() comes before the comma; this is why you are getting an
>> error message about it not being an option.
>>
>> Here is the syntax from the help file for -metareg-:
>>  metareg depvar [indepvars] [if] [in] wsse(varname) [, eform graph
>>                randomsize noconstant mm reml eb knapphartung z tau2test
>>                level(#) permute(# [, univariable detail joint(varlist1 [|
>>                varlist2 ...])]) log maximize_options]
>>

>> Rebecca
>>

>>          __o                __o
>>       _`\ <,_            _`\ <,_
>>      (_)/   (_)          (_)/   (_)
>> ========================>
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Jon Nelson replied to me privately. For several reasons why you are
>>> asked not to do that, see
>>>
>>> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/#private
>>>
>>> Most obviously, no one else can see your post. Also, replying to your
>>> email does not constitute a promise of support until the problem is
>>> solved!
>>>
>>> Programs don't suddenly stop working. There is some other explanation,
>>> but I am sorry that I don't know what it is.
>>>
>>> The program can be downloaded from both SSC and SJ. The two versions
>>> look identical. Nevertheless you should, as asked originally, explain
>>> _where_ you got your copy from. (Jon should confirm that he is _not_
>>> using the ancient version from STB-42.)
>>>
>>> There is a typo in both help files in that -wsse()- is listed in the
>>> syntax diagram as something that should be typed before the comma.
>>> This is not biting Jon as he  appears to be using the option
>>> correctly. However, I have not used -metareg- in any of its
>>> incarnations and can't advise further.
>>>
>>> If a better answer is not forthcoming, I would contact the program
>>> author directly.
>>>
>>> Nick

mm

>>> which worked 6 months ago and now returns the error message: "option wsse()
not
>>> allowed" r(198);
>>>
>>> Jon

>>> data