Re: st: disattenuated regression

From   "'Alim Beveridge" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: disattenuated regression
Date   Sun, 18 Nov 2012 11:33:06 -0500

Hi John,
thanks again for your advice. I was thinking of doing this actually and have been teaching myself how to use sem in stata. However does it deal with dichotomous/categorical IVs, like Mplus does? It appears that it only does ML and ADF, and my sample size is too small for ADF (N = 210). Someone on statlist described how to create your own correlation matrix and then run sem on that. is that how I would have to do it?

also when I put a regression path between an observed IV (say age or hours worked) and my latent DV, the model does not converge. These observed vars are only in the structural part of my syntax, not the measurement. Is this not allowed?
thanks,
'Alim