st: Need help weighting observations in a random-effects regression

From   Michael Housman <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Need help weighting observations in a random-effects regression
Date   Wed, 7 Nov 2012 17:52:53 +0000

Hi folks,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if there's any way to weight observations in a random-effects regression?

By way of background, I have data in which each observation represents an employee-date and the dependent variable is a performance metric (e.g., average handle time, customer satisfaction, etc.) for call center agents.  I'm using a random-effects regression to model performance for four groups of employees since my primary variable of interest is time-invariant.

The problem that I run into is that I'd like to weight these employee-date observations since many of these observations (for example, AHT) are averages from all of the calls that were taken on a single day and I have a count variable in my data indicating how many.