Re: st: How to set calibrated weights

From   Veronica Galassi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to set calibrated weights
Date   Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:27:17 +0100

I see...thank you for warning me!

I tried to run the code you gave me but I got back a couple of errors.
Below the output:

 preserve

. bys cluster w2_gc_dc: keep if _n==1
(20701 observations deleted)

. bys cluster: gen nstrat= _n

. tab nstrat  //duplicates are nstrat >1
/ invalid name
r(198);

. sort cluster

. list cluster w2_gc_dc if nstrat>1 //show problem
1/ invalid name
r(198);

. save problem, replace
(note: file problem.dta not found)
file problem.dta saved

. restore

I told already the organisation about this funny thing when setting
the PSUs but they did not pay attention to it claiming that "cluster"
is the right PSU variable and end of the story.

I will try to raise the issue again. I know that not specifying the
strata gives me standard errors bigger than usual, but maybe this is a
good compromise.
What do you think?