Re: st: xtgraph question

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtgraph question
Date   Thu, 25 Oct 2012 23:31:51 +0100

Please note:

1. You are asked not to send attachments to Statalist. Even they "get
through" as they did in this case, they will be unintelligible for
most readers of the list. See in particular

<http://hsphsun3.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/lwgate/STATALIST/archives/statalist.1210/date/article-1197.html>

2. You are asked to explain where user-written commands you refer to come from.

-xtgraph- (SSC) is a program by Paul Seed. He is, or certainly has
been, a member of this list. If he doesn't reply, then I suggest you
contact him directly.

-xtgraph- is a long program that I have never used, but what appears
to be biting you is the line

twoway line `avlist' `t2', `lineopts' `ytitle'  || `bartype' `lb' `ub'
`t2' , `baropts'

whereby the -line- is always below the bars. The implication appears
to be that were you to clone the program, and change the order of the
-twoway- calls around, you might get what you want, but that would be
your responsibility.

Nick