Re: st: mlabel on marginsplot?

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: mlabel on marginsplot?
Date   Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:13:19 +0100

I cannot speak for StataCorp. However, -margins- resultssets already seem to exist in official Stata, although StataCorp doesn't seem to have publicized them in -help margins- or -help marginsplot-.

The place to look, if you want to know about the inner workings of -marginsplot-, is probably

help margins_saving

where StataCorp gives the undocumented details of what is present in a -margins- resultsset. These datasets (like -parmest- resultssets) contain confidence limits, t- or z-statistics, and P-values, ready to be plotted. Presumably, users can add any new variables they like to such datasets, once these datasets have been created.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil