Re: Re: st: mlabel on marginsplot?

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: mlabel on marginsplot?
Date   Thu, 18 Oct 2012 15:23:53 +0100

You are not giving specific examples of what you tried, but in general
marker labels only work when the values  being plotted and the
variable you want to use as marker label can be related by virtue of
reading across observations. That is the structure is similar to

(y being plotted)  (x being plotted)  (z to use as marker label)

I haven't looked inside -marginsplot- but I think that the way that
-marginsplot- works is with a reduced dataset and that reduced dataset
would need to include your marker label variable for this to work.

I'd approach Stata tech support with specific examples of what you are
trying, or do that here.

Nick