Re: st: appending date variable in 2 datafiles

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: appending date variable in 2 datafiles
Date   Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:10:39 +0100

Stata prefers daily dates to be numeric variables coded with origin 1
January 1960, so converting all date variables to that form is the way
to go. (The difference you have is of variable or data type, not one
of format in Stata's sense of the word.)

You said that your variable was MDY, in response to which Stata can
make no sense of the 5th day of the 23rd month, etc. But your variable
is evidently DMY.

Nick