st: RE: RE: RE: Residual diagnostics for panel data regression

Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: Residual diagnostics for panel data regression
Date   Tue, 25 Sep 2012 10:06:40 +0100

Silvia,

My guess is that testing for heteroskedasticity will involve a fair
amount of work on your part.  The problem is that most of the usual
tests for heteroskedasticity can be seen as special cases of White's
general test, and White's general test is based on the contrast between
the classical VCV and the heteroskedastic-robust VCV.  Maybe this
contrast between a non-robust and a robust VCV has been worked out for
mean-group estimators that -xtmg- reports, but even if it has, it's
probably not been programmed (-findit- didn't reveal anything, at any
rate) and you'd have to roll your own, so to speak.

--Mark