Re: st: Random effects time invariant residuals

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Random effects time invariant residuals
Date   Mon, 10 Sep 2012 17:08:27 +0200

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Xavier Mas wrote:
> I just could not find in the post-estimation help or Stata manuals how
> "predict variable,u" is calculated by Stata. This might not be the
> kind of query posted in statalist, so sorry if this is the case.

Say you used the command -xtfoo- to estimate your model(*), than you
would need to look for the manual entry -xtfoo postestimation-. Within
that entry you would need to look at the section Methods and formulas.
Note that the manual is the set of books or the pdf files that comes
with Stata, not the (smcl-)file that is displayed when you type in
Stata -help xtfoo postestimation- (this, however, will provide a link
to the necessary place inside the .pdf file.).

-- Maarten

(*) -xtfoo- does not exist, but since you did not tell us what you
used to estimate your random effects model I just "invented" an -xt-
command.

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50