st: Re: margins

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   Alessandro Oliveira <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: margins
Date   Wed, 29 Aug 2012 14:37:50 +0000

The old mfx command works as always, but it generates marginal effects at the mean rather than average marginal effects (AMEs). The latter are generally preferred.

If you use the post option on margins, it wipes out the ereturns, so anything from the regression ereturns are now inaccessible. The following logic can be used to combine information from the regress ereturns and the margins ereturns, using the -estadd- component of Ben Jann's -estout- package from SSC:

sysuse auto,clear
reg price mpg weight turn
sca r2_a = e(r2_a)
sca rmse = e(rmse)