RE: st: about ivregress

From   "Lynn Lee" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: about ivregress
Date   Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:51:55 -0700

Thank you, Prof. Antonakis. My model has two endogenous variables and each
has its own instrumental variables. Your suggestion really solves my
question.

At same time,  thank Kit and Justina for kind reminder.

Best Regards,
Lynn Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of John Antonakis
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 11:21 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: about ivregress

[Oops. There was a typo in the Three-stage least square command, which
should have 3sls (the default, thus it does not even need to be written,
instead of 2sls)]

It does; as Kit suggested "varlist" is a list of (n) variables. Try:

ivregress 2sls y x1 (x2 x5 =x3 x4 x6 x7)

If you want to specify your model precisely as indicated below, you'll need
to use reg3 or sem:

Two-stage least squares estimator
reg3 (y x1 x2 x5) (x2 x3 x4) (x5 x6 x7), 2sls

Three-stage least squares estimator
reg3 (y x1 x2 x5) (x2 x3 x4) (x5 x6 x7), 3sls

You can test overidentifying restrictions with the userwritten -overid-
command.

You can estimated this with -sem- too, Maximum likelihood:

sem (y<- x1 x2 x5) (x2 <-x3 x4) (x5<-x6 x7)

You can also add ", vce(robust)" to the sem command.

This should help,
J.

Prof. John Antonakis
Faculty of Business and Economics
Department of Organizational Behavior
University of Lausanne
Internef #618
CH-1015 Lausanne-Dorigny
Switzerland
Tel ++41 (0)21 692-3438
Fax ++41 (0)21 692-3305
http://www.hec.unil.ch/people/jantonakis

Associate Editor
The Leadership Quarterly

On 28.08.2012 19:05, Lynn Lee wrote:

> The example provided in help document is " ivregress 2sls rent
> pcturban (hsngval = faminc i.region)", which indicates  the endogenous
> variable is "hsngval" and the number of endogenous variable is one.
> Now, my model has two endogenous variables, "ivregress 2sls y x1
> (x2=x3 x4) (x5=x6
x7)", this
> command is wrong. I am wondering whether there is command that
handles two
> endogenous variables x2 and x5 at same time.  Thanks for any suggestion.
>
> Best Regards,
> Lynn Lee

Christopher Baum
> Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 1:41 PM
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: re: st: about ivregress
>
> <>
> Lynn said:
>
> My estimation model has two endogenous explanatory variables
(cross-section
> data set). The command "ivregress 2sls" or "ivregress gmm" are
suitable for
> one endogenous variable. What specific command I can use if I want to
handle
> these two endogenous variables at same time in Stata? And what
command for
> handling more than one endogenous variables in panel data is used?
>

> The syntax for -ivregress- is
>

>         ivregress estimator depvar [varlist1] (varlist2 = varlist_iv)
[if]