st: Sampling for proportion: characteristic of interest

From   "Ilian, Henry (ACS)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Sampling for proportion: characteristic of interest
Date   Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:35:05 -0400

I need to take a quality-control sample for a case-reading study. A random sample of about 600 cases will be drawn and read, and I need a sample of those to be read by a second reader. The case-reading instrument has approximately 100 questions--the final number hasn't been determined yet. The response choices mostly form ordinal scales, although a few will be nominal, hence I'll be sampling for proportion.

Everything I can find on sampling for proportion only considers the proportions for a single characteristic of interest. I have 100+ characteristics with different expected proportions. How do I approach this problem?

Many thanks,

Henry Ilian

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication, and any attachments, contains confidential and privileged information for the exclusive use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and delete this communication from your computer. Thank you.