Re: st: Missing Observations. Do I need multiple Imputations?

From   A Loumiotis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Missing Observations. Do I need multiple Imputations?
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2012 11:10:43 +0300

Thanks Richard for pointing out this rather surprising and unknown to
me result/discussion about passive imputation.

Actually I did not propose passive imputation, but I suggested he
should first impute  the base variables and then seperately compute
the derived (aggregate-composite) variables based on these imputed
base variables.

If he has reasons to believe though that while the base variables are
imputed their full (correct) model should contain the derived
variables then as you proposed he should directly impute everything
and not use passive imputation.  But I'm not sure whether it is better
to directly impute the derived variables if the actual models of the
base variables do not contain the derived variables.

Antonis