Re: st: Time Series Operators and monthly returns after collapse

From   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Time Series Operators and monthly returns after collapse
Date   Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:26:17 -0500

Are you asking if the -collapse- f6.lret6- is the 6 month return or 1
month return?  Isn't it just the average of the last 6 months?  In the
following simple example, is the mean of lnret what you expect?

clear
set obs 12
gen t = _n
tsset t