st: Interaction effect

From   Sadjad Riahi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Interaction effect
Date   Sun, 19 Aug 2012 15:44:14 +0430

Is it true if one says to obtain a variable coefficient adjusted for
another variable(e.g. age or sex) in GLM, We should include the
interaction effect in our model? or are these  totally different, and
using sum of squares type III will calculate the variable's
coefficient adjusted for co-variate(s) automatically without
considering the order of variable input?
thank you,
Sadjad Riahi