Re: st: -sliceplot- and -connected- problems with legends

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -sliceplot- and -connected- problems with legends
Date   Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:07:32 +0100

Maarten has given one good suggestion.

-sliceplot- is from SJ and SSC:

SJ-6-3  gr0025  . . . . . . . . . . . . Speaking Stata: Graphs for all seasons
        (help cycleplot, sliceplot if installed)  . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
        Q3/06   SJ 6(3):397--419
        illustrates producing graphs showing time-series seasonality

sliceplot from http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/s
    'SLICEPLOT': module for time series or other plot in slices / sliceplot
    produces a time series or other plot divided into a / series of slices and
    then combined. The horizontal variable may / be any numeric variable, but
    the program is motivated by the case / of time series plots that would

-sliceplot- was inspired by examples for single time series, and I
don't think I ever gave any thought to the legend that will
necessarily spring into existence with multiple time series. But in
essence -sliceplot- is just a wrapper for -graph combine- and so the
do-it-yourself option is a good way to go. I'd single out the
-fysize()- option to get better sizes for the graphs.

Nick