Re: st: ado file help

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ado file help
Date   Tue, 14 Aug 2012 16:48:31 +0100

I don't understand your first sentence: I can't see your code and thus
don't see references to -var1- and -var2-.

But your criticism of -syntax- is incorrect, not to say absurd. The
purpose of -syntax- is to signal to Stata what is valid syntax in a
program, no more, no less. Much of what a syntax statement does in
practice is to look forward to what the program will do, including
generate new variables. As I have already said, you can signal
variable names that you want to use, just not as if they were existing
variables.

Nick