st: GPH to PDF: Font change not respected problem, any updates or workarounds?

From   Arsenio Staer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: GPH to PDF: Font change not respected problem, any updates or workarounds?
Date   Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:48:56 -0700

Dear all,

I'm exporting GPH with a different font to PDF using Stata 12.1 MP for
Windows and different font doesn't appear in PDF but appears on the
screen and in EMF exports. Final goal is inclusion as a PDF figure in
Latex papers.

Basically the same problem as in this thread "Re: st: pdf_options for
graph export" in 2011.

I followed instructions in this post on Code and Culture blog :
http://codeandculture.wordpress.com/2011/10/05/so-long-arial/

but still no luck.

My workflow is to export to EMF to conserve the vector graphics and
then convert to PDF but there is a problem with a strange faint grey
frame outline in the pdf, probably due to conversion, which I haven't
been able to solve in preferences or programmatically (only by
editing the actual pdf).

Would greatly appreciate any help!

Thank you,

Arsenio