Re: st: Quintiles

Subject   Re: st: Quintiles
Date   Thu, 9 Aug 2012 14:00:23 -0400

Leonardo Jaime Gonzalez Allende <[email protected]>:
Try this example out:

sysuse auto, clear
keep price weight
ren price y
sort y
g s=sum(weight)
g c=(s)/(s[_N])
g qbreak=0
g w2=.
qui foreach l in 20 40 60 80 {
 replace qbreak=1 if c>=`l'/100 & c[_n-1]<`l'/100
 replace w2=s-(`l'/100*s[_N]) if c>=`l'/100 & c[_n-1]<`l'/100
 }
g w1=weight-w2
g id=_n
expand 2 if w2<.