Re: st: syntax behaving differently

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: syntax behaving differently
Date   Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:30:22 +0100

1. -marksample- marks out string variables unless you specify
otherwise. This is prominently documented.

2. #1 bites here too. With no varlist specified, your program implies
that everything is the varlist, and thus that observations are marked
out if any variable is a string variable, which is true in your case.
So nothing is listed.

3. That's what you asked for. Again, this is what -marksample- does on
your behalf.

It is hard to see what you are trying to do with this program, except
perhaps learn programming. It does no more, and in fact it does less,
than -list- can do.

Nick