RE: st: comparing coefficients across models

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: comparing coefficients across models
Date   Sat, 4 Aug 2012 19:50:25 -0400

I would also suggest being wary of non-homogeneity of within-group error variance across the levels of the categorical moderator.  That can be dealt with fairly easily, however.

Su, H., & Liang, H. (2010). An Empirical Likelihood-Based Method for Comparison of Treatment Effects—Test of Equality of Coefficients in Linear Models. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 54(4), 1079–1088.

Smithson, M. (2012). A simple statistic for comparing moderation of slopes and correlations. Frontiers in Psychology, 3(231).
http://www.frontiersin.org/Quantitative_Psychology_and_Measurement/10.3389/fpsyg.2012.00231/full

Weerahandi, S. (1987). Testing Regression Equality with Unequal Variances. Econometrica, 55(5), 1211-1215.

http://www.weerahandi.org/

Cam