Re: st: Problems with producing an acceptable Forest plot

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Problems with producing an acceptable Forest plot
Date   Fri, 03 Aug 2012 14:46:40 +0100

You don't say what version of -meta- you are using, or what version of Stata you are using. However, I suspect that you are using an out-of-date meta-analysis program, especially if its name is -meta- and not -metan-, and if your Stata version is recent enough to have a graphics editor. You should probably download an up-to-date version of -metan-, which (as I understand it) can be found by typing, in Stata,

net sj 9-2 sbe24_3

and installing the required packages.

A possible alternative might be to download the -parmest-, -parmhet- and -eclplot- packages from SSC, and to use the -metaparm- module of -parmest-, together with -parmhet- and -eclplot-, to do a customized meta-analysis. However, -metan- usually gives a more instant solution for most of the users, most of the time.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil