Re: st: What is EGEN_Varname and EGEN_SVarname ?

From   William Buchanan <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: What is EGEN_Varname and EGEN_SVarname ?
Date   Tue, 31 Jul 2012 06:44:31 -0700

Pradipto,

You also stated yesterday:

 Yes, I have read the Programming Manual - and none of the questions I have asked can be resolved using the Manual. Kit Baum's book as the name suggests is an Introduction. Please let me know if that book the specifically any of the questions I asked.

Given that it is fairly clear that you haven't read this documentation (the programming manual), you might find that reading through the documentation in the programming manual will help you understand/find answers to your questions more efficiently.  And the FAQ also states that you should try to find answers in the documentation that comes with the software first.  Also, in case you've not read any issues/articles from the StataJournal, Nick Cox is one of the editors and also an extensive contributor to the SSC archives and Maarten is an associate editor who has also contributed a large body of work to the Stata community.  Rather than being so dismissive of their feedback/comments, it might be in your best interest to follow their advice and guidance since they have a substantial amount of Stata programming experience.

HTH,
Billy

Sent from my iPhone