st: Ordinal dependent variable

From   "Julie A. Lamoureux" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Ordinal dependent variable
Date   Fri, 20 Jul 2012 15:14:00 +0000

Good day,

I have a dataset with repeated measures (longitudinal data) in 2 separate groups that I have set up as panel data.  Most of my dependent variables are numeric so the analyses were straightforward.  My question concerns 3 variables that are ordinal with 3 categories (rarely, sometimes, often).  The tool was used at baseline and at 6 months and the researcher is interested in knowing if the change over time in those 3 variables is different between the groups.  What is the best approach to use in this case?

Thank you

           Julie Lamoureux, DMD, MSc
                  Statistician

                  Quality and Performance Improvement
                  Tel: 786-467-2086
                  Fax: 786-533-9602

This message originates from Baptist Health South Florida (BHSF). It contains information that may be confidential or privileged and is intended only for the individuals or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. This message may not be copied or distributed without this disclaimer. All personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be attributed to BHSF. If you received this message in error, please notify us immediately at [email protected].

BHSF scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content.