Re: st: Neumark decomposition

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Neumark decomposition
Date   Mon, 16 Jul 2012 18:13:04 +0200

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Yingge Lin wrote:
> I am using STATA10. Ben Jann also have -oaxaca- for earlier version of
> stata (8 and 9). Hope these clarify a little bit of my questions.

That was not what I was asking. I asked where you got the user written
software from (-oaxaca- and -decompose-), not which version of Stata
you were using. However, you should also have told use which version
of Stata you were using. Since you did not say so in your original
question I assumed, per the Statalist FAQ, you used the most recent
(12).

I realize that often we want answers quickly, and thus take
short-cuts, like not reading the FAQ. But this illustrates that short
cuts often lead to more work. If this only meant that you wasted your
own time, than that is not so bad: hopefully you have learned
something in the process. However, you are also wasting our time.
Since you rely on our good will to get answers, wasting our time is
not a good idea. So I strongly suggest that you take your time to read
the FAQ carefully before posting anything on the list.

Anyhow, my answer remains the same: Ben Jann is no longer active on
the list (a sad story, involving one of the most dysfunctional periods
on statalist), so you need to contact him directly.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen