RE: st: RE: RE: RE: exact matches in propensity score matching

From   "Yang, Yong" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: RE: RE: exact matches in propensity score matching
Date   Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:26:54 +0000

Dear Austin,
Thank you very much for your suggestions and the note to CEM.
I am not quite understand your point of glm. instead of using psmatch, how to use glm to predict the sales difference between matched exporters and non-exporters? Also, how does the standard error of the average treatment effects is computed. One should bootstrap them ?! what could be done if bootstrap does not provide correct inference in psmatch2 ?
Regards
Yong

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] on behalf of Austin Nichols [[email protected]]
Sent: 22 June 2012 20:24
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: RE: RE: exact matches in propensity score matching

Yang, Yong <[email protected]>:
Another point: your -psmatch2- call produces a linear regression where
"sales" is the outcome, but -glm- with a log link would be more
appropriate, assuming sales are nonnegative:
http://www.stata.com/meeting/boston10/boston10_nichols.pdf
Also, bootstrapping does not provide correct inference:
http://www.jstor.org/stable/40056514