Re: st: gllamm missing cut points

From   Joseph Padgett <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: gllamm missing cut points
Date   Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:02:55 -0400

Yeah.  My first thought was that there must not be any respondents who
checked off one of my categories.  I ran some tabs using my estimation
sample and there are responses in each category.  Now, the lowest
category has very few responses, but it seems like any responses at
all should have made a difference.  Also, what about gllamm dropping
the first category?  Does this mean that it dropped the second
category because of too few responses in the first?

I am in the process right now of going back through all of my coding
checking for errors in each step because the nature of the error seems
to me that may be something in my coding rather than the program's
behavior as it seems to run fine other than the missing cut point.

I code a lot of stuff (like my control variable sets, etc.) into
macros so that I can write all of my models with the macros and then,
should changes be necessary, I rewrite single macros instead of a
dozen different programs.  I'm going to weed my way back through those
just to be sure everything is kosher.  Hopefully I'll find whatever
stray comma or cash symbol that is misbehaving and punish it dearly.

I tossed this up on the off chance that this is a known issue because
I feel like, with the male model running fine, that the coding must be
in order since the variables are identical for each group
(male/female).

Who knows... if I find an error in my coding I'll be sure to respond
to this thread and do a mea  culpa.

- Joseph