Re: st: assymetric start and end dates in a panel dat set

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: assymetric start and end dates in a panel dat set
Date   Thu, 24 May 2012 09:17:25 +0100

Please don't send attachments! This is explained in the FAQ.

By excel I presume you mean "MS Excel". Evidently you use it but many
Stata user-programmers emphatically do not. I don't want to look at
your spreadsheet files, thanks.

When I said "Look at -egen- for functions to count missings, or
non-missings, in observations or rows." I presumed that was enough of
a clue for you to identify the functions -rowmiss()- and
-rownonmiss()-.

After a -tsfill- you could do something like

egen nonmiss = rownonmiss(Greece Italy UK)

and then your analysis would be conditional

... if nonmiss == 3

No doubt you would have more countries and the number would not be 3.

Nick